Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life

Today is one of those strange days where I have no doubt that God has lined up certain events to teach me more about Him.  Let me explain.  Today:
  • A friend on base went into labor, and is having her second child any minute.
  • Another friend, back in the States, will also have her baby today.  This little one, however, has some serious health issues and is not expected to live.
  • Yet another friend is going to a fertility clinic to have her embryos transferred to her uterus in the hopes that she will get pregnant. 
Three different stories. Three different friends.  But one God who is in control of it all.  In each case, He has ordained and created a life-from the most microscopic embryo to the healthiest baby.  He also has a plan for each.  Gracen, the little one who has health issues, has touched more lives before her birth than I have probably touched in my 34 years of living.  It is truly amazing how her story and her parents faith have strengthened and inspired so many, including me.

So today, I am thankful to a God-the only Creator of life, who has a plan and a purpose for each of us and holds us all, even the tiniest among us, in the palm of His hand.

**To read more about Gracen's story, please visit this blog.

**UPDATE: My friend here in Turkey had her baby.  A little boy named...wait for it.....Grayson.  How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment