Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We're Baaaacccckkkk.......

After a LONG-but not altogether terrible-trip, we are finally back in Turkey.  A few bullet points for your Wednesday:
  • I forgot how slow you have to drive here.  I am used to driving in America.  I nearly took out 2 joggers last night.  Must. Slow. Down.
  • Jetlag in a 3 year old is pure torture for all involved.
  • My little house feels like a cave.  The ceilings are sooo low.  This will take getting used to again.
  • Back to using old fashioned ice trays.  I would kill for an ice maker.  It's the little things, you know?
  • Our social calendar is nearly booked and we have been back 12 hours.  Love our Turkey friends!
  • Nothing says "home" like looking out of the airplane window on landing and seeing minaret after minaret and mosque after mosque.
Hopefully our readjustment period will go smoothly and sleep cycles will return quickly.  I already miss the States, but it is good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment