Thursday, September 1, 2011

Packing up in Bama

It's a process I've become all too familiar with.  Packing, shipping, planning, preparing.  It has begun for us again.  After a fun summer back home, the time has come to get ready to go back to Turkey.  Boxes of new clothes and toys have been shipped.  Passports and residency books have been located and organized.  Suitcases are being pulled out.  Sigh. 

I know it will be different now.  We are entering the "home stretch" of this assignment.  Less than one year from now, we will be moving.  I also go back knowing fully what to expect (and not expect) from Incirlik.  I am better prepared to handle the unique challenges and opportunities that living abroad can bring.  And I am energized and refreshed by a long visit at home.  I am looking forward to reconnecting with all of my friends and watching W reunite with his.  Sure, the location is far from ideal-but it will be good to be home.

In the meantime, I have suitcases to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment