Saturday, September 4, 2010

Savas Kartal!

Those of you who know me well know that I am a football girl. I absolutely love everything about college ball. Fall Saturdays with a pork butt smoking and a chill in the air is my idea of perfect happiness. Oh, and an Auburn victory here and there helps.

Therein lies our latest problem. You see, we live in Turkey. Not exactly football central-if you don't count soccer. So, like so many other things, we are learning to adapt. We have our grill, but pork is in short supply here. We will have to whip up some kabobs I guess. Ryan ordered ESPN 360 and figured out how to get the computer screen to play on our TV so we can watch our Tigers on TV-even if it is at 3a.m. Our Auburn flag will proudly fly outside our house on Incirlik Air Base. You can take the girl out of the SEC, but you can't can't take the SEC out of the girl.

Savas Kartal (War Eagle) from Turkey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment