Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1910 or 2010?

You be the judge-

-To call anyone, we dial "0" to get connected by an operator.

-We don't have a car right now, so I take various means of transportation to the store. I have taken a bike with a trailer behind it, pulled W in a wagon and then loaded it up for the return trip, and just plain walked and hauled it back.

-I go to the store at least 3 times a week because I can't take alot per trip.

-We walk to church.

-We don't have (gasp!) digital cable.

-Everyone is always so friendly. People walk out of their houses to say hi when we pass. Cars honk their horns and wave. Our Turkish gardener knocks on our door most mornings just to see if I need anything and if we are having a good day.

-The big thing to do on base on the weekend is a round of bowling.


So, as you can see, life is decidedly slower and simpler here. Frustrating and annoying at times, and lovely at other times. I am not going to know what to do when I return to the US of A!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a bit of a respite from the rat race! Enjoy! Thanks for the update! (I still want some pics!) And you have a gardener?!?

    I also want a post about what it was like watching the AU game in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete