Monday, October 4, 2010

Read This!

I am not a huge reader. If it's not People magazine, I usually am not interested. It's not that I don't like to read, I just can't seem to find a long enough chunk of time to devote to getting through a book. There are some exceptions, however. Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell and Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller were incredible. And now, I have discovered Crazy Love by Francis Chan. My best bud Kelley (love her-and can't believe it has taken me this long to mention her) lent me her copy and I think I will now have to buy her a new one since this one is so worn from use. A bit of a warning-this is not an easy read. I don't mean that it is hard to understand, because it's very user friendly. But every page was sort of a punch in the stomach, shining a light on parts of my life and walk with the Lord that need serious attention.

Anyway, grab a copy-it'll be worth your time.

2 comments:

  1. We're doing it in Sunday School...and yeah...I'm rereading parts just trying to really get it. Ch. 4 is really convicting to me!! I bought more copies to pass on to others I liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...glad you were able to read through it. And thanks for the shout out my friend!

    ReplyDelete