Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Life is Life

A very wise friend of mine named Kelley once gave me a very good piece of advice..."life is life, no matter where you live it."

That piece of advice has been a comfort over these 2 years, and I was reminded of it again today.  I have been spending a lot of time focusing on being back home.  The shopping, restaurants, freedoms, entertainment.  It is easy to fall into a trap of thinking that by moving to America, my life will automatically be flawless.

I have been emailing my friend Sarahbee a lot.  We talk in the emails like we are sitting at a park together, watching our boys play.  She has been in the States for right around a month, and things aren't perfect. Her son is having issues with this transition just like W is.  They haven't found a house yet.  There are stressors.  Sure, it is nice to be home, but life isn't perfect.

Good to remember.  Life is life, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment