Friday, May 18, 2012

In The Moment

Ever had a moment that you couldn't believe that you were actually living?  It feels almost like you are floating outside yourself, and have trouble grasping that this is your life.  I have to admit that, before Turkey, these moments were few and far between for me.  But in the last two years, I have experienced it time after time.  So, in no particular order, I present you with my top "Sarah Stebbins from Montgomery, Alabama is actually doing this" moments:

  • Having a Good Friday service in St. Peter's Grotto at Antioch.
  • Watching the sunset over the Acropolis in Athens, Greece
  • Driving through the snowy Austrian Alps with my little family
  • Singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus" at Christmas Mass in one of the largest Muslim cities in the world (Istanbul).
  • Sleeping in a cave hotel in Cappadocia
  • Staring slack-jawed at the wonders of the Vatican
  • Listening to our chaplain read from Corinthians, Phillippians, and Thessolonians while we were standing in the ruins of Corinth, Phillippi, and Thessoloniki.
What a ride it's been...........

No comments:

Post a Comment