Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday Quote

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
~Joseph Campbell


This quote popped out at me because I have been thinking a lot about the life that God has given me lately.  About the twists and turns that I wasn't expecting and the road blocks that I have come up against as well as the abundant blessings.  I was reading a blog the other day and the author was talking about what the Bible says in Hebrews 12:1-

And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

The blog author pointed out the phrase "for us".  I never looked at it that way before.  My race has been marked out for only ME to run.  I can't and shouldn't run another's race for them even if it looks more appealing than my own.  Whenever I get discouraged or envious of my friends who are living the life I had planned for myself, I need to remember this verse.  God has equipped me for the life he has marked out for me and me alone.  How great that our God cares for us on such an individual basis?

Can I get an Amen??


1 comment: