Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Enough

I am sure I have written more than a few posts about life in Turkey with the general theme of not having enough.  Enough selection at the commissary, enough square feet in my house, enough activities, enough hours in the day.  On my way home from the gym this evening, I put in a Chris Tomlin CD that I haven't listened to in awhile.  The song I chose?  "Your Grace is Enough".

YOUR GRACE is enough.

Sometimes I feel like I will never learn this lesson.  I never have to think very hard to find something I am lacking-whether material or emotional or spiritual.  It is an epidemic really.  Do I have enough money?  Am I getting enough exercise?  Do I do enough for my son?  Am I a good enough wife?  Good enough friend? Do I cook enough healthy meals for my family?  I could go on and on and on.

YOUR GRACE is enough.

End of story.  No conditions.  No other options.

Thank you God and thank you Chris Tomlin for that reminder today.  I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment