Sunday, July 3, 2011

She was.......an American Girl

Any Tom Petty fans out there?  I have always loved this song.  And man, can I identify with it's chorus.

We arrived in the States 2 days ago.  I am just relishing everything.  Driving my car.  Listening to my favorite radio stations.  Shopping and more shopping.  Seeing my family and friends.  Going to Wal-Mart for the first time in almost a year was amazing for both me and W.  I am seeing everything through fresh eyes.

In the last year, I have seen amazing places.  Biblical ruins.  Charming German villages.  The stunning Austrian Alps.  But nothing is so beautiful as my home.

July 4th is tomorrow.  I can't think of it coming at a better time for me personally.  I am so in love with my country right now-everything about it.  I know this place isn't perfect.  I know that in a few weeks the newness will fade.  But right now, I am so grateful to celebrate the USA while actually being in the USA.

Happy 4th everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment