Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just Rolling Along

I try to post on this blog at least once a week, but I don't really have anything newsworthy or interesting to say right now.  We have sort of settled into a familiar pattern and routine here and days go by before I remember I am living in the Middle East and am so far away from home.  But I want to keep recording my memories and thoughts, so here are some random factoids that don't need an entire post dedicated to them:

~There is a big time baby boom going on here.  It seems like everyone is pregnant or wants to be.  For those of you interested, I fall into a third group called "Please Lord, not in Turkey!". 

~The weather has been nuts.  I don't know if this is normal or not, given it my first year experiencing it.  It has been incredibly windy with lots of thunder and lightning, but very little rain.  The temperatures are also cooler than I expected given what the other seasons brought.

~We have several trips coming up, but I am going to wait until they are done to post about them for security reasons.  But we are excited to get out and about and enjoy springtime.

~W is talking up a storm.  He says funny things that keep his father and I in stitches daily.  Just now, I put him down for nap and as I was leaving the room, I heard a little voice say "Mama, seet deems!" (sweet dreams).  Gotta love a 2 year old's exploding vocabulary.

~My nephew is about to be one!!  I cannot believe how fast his first year has flown by.  The last time I saw him he was just a tiny infant.  The next time I see him, he will probably be running around.  I miss him and his sister a ton. 

That's all I can think of today-have a blessed week!

1 comment: