Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Accentuating the Positives

In no particular order, here are some of the little blessings that are making our time in transition a little easier. Better to focus on the positives, right?
  •  1. The current renters of our house in DC have been fabulous to us. Jenn has been emailing me the most helpful info on the area and our neighborhood. I already feel plugged in, and we haven't even gotten there yet!
  •  2. My friend Kimberly has opened her home to us so W can play with her 3 boys. Her twins are W's age, and her other son is a year older. The kids have a blast, I enjoy some adult conversation, and the time passes quickly. It has been great, and I am so thankful for her. 
  •  3. So far, the heat has been bearable. There is a cool breeze in the shade with makes being outside tolerable. It is supposed to be 107 over the weekend, but I will cross that bridge when we get to it. 
  •  4 I have been emailing with a friend as she and her family have made the decision to move overseas as well. It isn't Turkey, but it is cool to see how God is already using my experience to help others. I see so much of my pre-Turkey self in my friend, and I can't wait to follow their adventure in Guam!
  •  5. It looks like our car and household goods will arrive at the about the same time we will. If so, that will be a HUGE help!
  • WE ARE NOW UNDER A MONTH LEFT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment